Chapter 2 was about exploring and focusing. The first part of the chapter was about how to explore a topic. There were steps like: make a plan to explore your topic, discuss it with others, conduct preliminary observations, find and review sources. A lot of detail was put in the "Find and Review Sources" section. There was good information there which I will be referring back to. Recording search results was a part of that that I have never thought of but I know will be really helpful.
The second part of the chapter was about how to focus on an issue. The steps in the one were: identify conversations about issues in your topic, assess your interest in the topic, and finally, choose an issue.
I liked the analogy that was used in the beginning of the chapter saying that exploring a topic is like attending a public meeting on a controversial subject. It helped get the bigger picture in my head of what needs to be done.
No comments:
Post a Comment