Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Teachers To Write About

I think that I will write my second paper on my science teacher Kit Pennell and Mr. Escalante from the film Stand and Deliver. Kit has been my all time favorite teacher from 7th grade up until this very minute. By the time I graduate, she will have been my science teacher for 6 years. When you have a teacher for that long, you develop a strong relationship and trust with them and I think that's what Mr. Escalante's students felt with him.. even though they didn't have him for 6 years! Both of these teachers will do anything to help a student succeed in class and in life. The teacher believes in the student and the student believes in the teacher.
  However, both of these teachers teach in different times, places, very different schools, have different backgrounds. They have different challenges but expectations are just as high.
  So there are similarities and also differences, which obviously comes with every teacher you encounter. I view both of these teachers as good teachers so this will be a positive piece of writing.

1 comment:

  1. O.k., great! Can you add to this by bringing specifics from the film and your own memory?

    ReplyDelete